Search This Blog


Maths Wimbledon Matches Problem

wimbledonMaths Wimbledon Matches Problem - 16 October

In 2012 Men's Wimbledon , 80 tennis player from across the world have come to participate.
As we know its a knock-out tournament , each player is eliminated as soon as he looses a match.

The organizer of the tournament decides to count the minimum number of required matches.

Can you help them out ?

For Solution : Click Here


  1. There will be 80-1 = 79 Matches - this is because as soon as one player lost he is out of the tournament so we need 79 loosing players

  2. One match eliminates one player, so to get the top rank, 79 to be eliminated and hence 79 matches.

  3. If we devide the 80 players into 2 groups;64 and 16
    so we can end with 74 matches.

  4. So what can this all mean?

    My homepage ... this one
    my webpage :: website link

  5. Hello there, You've done a great job. I'll сertainly ԁigg it and ρersοnallу ѕuggеst to my frienԁs.

    I'm sure they'll be benеfited from this ѕite.

    Alѕo νіѕit mу blog ...
    Also see my web page - Blu Cigs